Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Friday Feature -- Devine Designs Jewelry

This week's featured Etsy artist is Cindy of Devine Designs Jewelry -- the Etsyblogger of the Month for November. Congratulations, Cindy!

Her shop is full of such pretty things. I especially love this Purple Beaded Dragonfly bracelet -- one might be tempted to think she'd designed it just for me, because it's purple (my favorite color) and features dragonflies, of which I am particularly fond, as any Mama's Magic fan could tell you!


Enjoy the interview!

1. To which Etsy Teams do you belong?

Etsy Bloggers and FEST (Florida Etsy Street team)

2. Please tell us about the items in your Etsy shop. What do you make? How did you learn your craft? What is involved in your creative process?

I consider myself a cold forge metal artist. I work with wire and metals and hand tools to wrap, twist, weave sterling silver and copper into one of a kind jewelry creations. I do not duplicate or cookie cutter my creations. I use hand stamping and texturizing techniques as well. I love to incorporate natural gemstones and artisan made glass lampwork beads into my work. I try to think outside the box, and create something different. Sometimes ideas just pop into my head, and I usually draw out a design first before attempting it.

3. Tell us two (or more) other interesting things about you.

I am a veterinary technician by trade. I like tattoos. (I have a few) It is an expensive "hobby".

4. What is your biggest challenge related to your Etsy shop?

My biggest challenge with Etsy, is in the photography department. I try to take good quality photos, have read and had tips on photography, upgraded my camera; but I think with jewelry it is difficult to see all the details, how light hits and reflects or how it will look on an individual. Selling jewelry is such a tactile thing.

5. What crafting skill(s) do you wish you had or hope to learn someday?

I wish to develop my jewelry making skills, and hopefully add metalsmithing and work with PMC too. I might even take up basket weaving!


6. Where else can we find out more about you and/or your creations?

http://devinedesignsjewelry.blogspot.com, http://www.flickr.com/photos/devinedesignsjewelry/
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/DevineDesignsJewelry








Posted for the EtsyBloggers team by: Mama's Magic StudioSee EtsyBloggers team membership requirements here: etsybloggers.comGot a blog? Love Etsy? Check us out!

No comments: