Monday, October 19, 2009

Mini Monday - Foxy G. Knits

This week our Mini Monday features Foxy G. Knits. This shop easily blends fun and style and has been doing just that on Etsy since September of 2008. The fun starts with her profile. Take a minute to read it below.
GETTING STARTED
Knitting is my passion that has its roots in childhood. I learned from my mom, way back when we were carving our needles out of dinosaur bones. And then, sadly, I fell off the wagon and embraced needlepoint and counted cross stitch for countless years (pardon the pun). However, being a woman of true grit and strong character, I saw the light and found my way back.

For a long time, knitting was an avocation and not a vocation for me. While others expressed their creativity through cooking or gardening or painting, I was clicking away on my needles. In sheer and utter desperation, friends and family finally convinced me to open a store on etsy. I just know that they were getting so tired of receiving scarves, shawls, baby blankets and hats for birthdays and every other special occasion! I recently took the plunge and opened Foxy G. Knits where everything is knit by hand – from my heart to yours.

PICKING A SHOP NAME
I have a little granddaughter who is going on two years old. When we were selecting our grandparent names, I joked that I would be “Grandma Lo” by day and “Foxy G.” by night. When I was trying to come up with a name for my shop, Foxy G. Knits was a natural!

WHAT MAKES MY ITEMS UNIQUE/SPECIAL?
Foxy G. Knits features hand-knit, one-of-a-kind shawls, wraps and scarves that are versatile and designed for today's woman. My items encompass comfort and style, and you don't have to give up one for the other.

My favorite part of the creative process is coordinating and blending various yarn colors and textures within the same garment. In addition to designing and knitting all the items that appear in the store, I also knit shawls for a local hospice.

I am so glad that you stopped by Foxy G. Knits. Please let me know if there is something you would like to see or even if you would just like to say hello. I'd love to hear from you and how you found me!

The style is evident in every piece in the shop. See for your self. (Hint) When you decide which scarf or shawl you just have to have click on it to go right to the Foxy G. Knits shop on Etsy. If you are using a reader come on over to this blog to see all the lovelies in the Etsy mini that you are missing.

Of course this busy knitter has a blog. You can stop by the Den of i-KNIT-quity and say hello. Tell her the EtsyBloggers sent you!


Got a blog? Love Etsy? Check us out! etsybloggers.com

10 comments:

Sandy said...

Such amazing work!!!

DipYourToes said...

What a great shop!

Unknown said...

Love the ruffly ones! And the story behind your shop name - fun!

foxygknits said...

Thank goodness for Google Alert, or I may have missed this great post. Being an aging rock star sure has its perks. Thanks for the Mini Monday and for your kind comments!

Cowgirl Jewels cowgirljewels.etsy.com said...

What a talent! Beautiful work as always. I love the Mini Monday!

Suzanne@threepeats said...

The mix of colors and textures in these scarves is gorgeous!

Memories for Life said...

Two great features on a great shop! Love your scarves!

Kathleen J. said...

Foxy G you just gotta love the Google. Your profile and beautiful work made this one so fun to do. Thank you to all the members who stopped by to leave a comment.

SmuTopia Jewelry said...

Such beautiful work!

tamdoll said...

Great shop, I love the things she makes!