In the southern hemisphere it's Autumn right now. The days are shorter and the nights longer.
- What's something interesting you have found out about living 'down under'? (Yes, the water does go down the plughole the other way :~))
- If you have travelled 'down under' what did you see or do?
I chose these topics to show the international flavour of the EtsyBloggers team :-)
When my parents said we were emigrating to New Zealand this is what (as a 15 year old) I knew:
- My granddad and uncle worked at the Captain Cook Museum in Middlesbrough, so I knew about the Moari people wearing grass skirts.
- I knew about Captain Cook because the area that I grew up in in the North of England was known as 'Captain Cook Country'.
- I saw Auckland on the TV once when the French bombed the Rainbow Warrior.
- I heard a lot of: "Oh, you're moving to New Zealand... isn't that attached to Australia by the Sidney Harbour Bridge?" (It's not by the way - Australia is a different country and a good couplehours aeroplane ride away : ~))
Oh - and I personally think that southern hemisphere makes better red wine ;-)
Now you'll want to check out the comments section where my participating teammates have placed their blog post links on their impressions and thoughts of the Land Down Under.
Posted for the EtsyBloggers team by: JacBerKitsch See EtsyBloggers team membership requirements here: etsybloggers.com Got a blog? Love Etsy? Check us out!