Friday, August 27, 2010

Friday Feature -- Etsyblogger of the Month -- Patch!

Congratulations to Patch, the Etsyblogger of the Month for August! This busy, talented artisan has not one, not two, but THREE shops on Etsy!



Vintage Shop -

Supply Shop -

Enjoy the interview!

1. Please tell us about the items in your Etsy shop. What do you make? How did you learn your craft? What is involved in your creative process?

For jewelry, I make them from Genuine Swarovski beads - Crystals and Pearls with simple beading techniques and I learn all techniques from the internet and beading magazines. I have a passion on Weddings stuff so I always get the inspirations to make a piece from wedding gown fashions and some from the real diamond jewelry.

I do sewing and put some in my supply shop. At first I made them for my jewelry packaging and someone asked me to make for her. That's the way sewing business came to my mind.

2. Tell us two (or more) other interesting things about you.

Umm.. as I put it in my blog..

Patch is .. a Third child, graduated in Mechanical Engineer, a wedding addict, a crafty maniac, a vintage lover, a movies lover, and more..


3. What is your favorite item in your shop (currently for sale or previously sold)? Why is it your favorite?


I love the Amelia Collection!! especially this Necklace.. I designed it when I saw the sleeveless wedding dress without beading or lace and I thought of something to put together with that dress. And it was the first time that I made something from laces. :D

4. What advice do you have for other folks selling or buying on Etsy?

For sellers, I think the most important thing to sell your products is the photography. As an online business, buyers can't see your real products. The photos are the only way for them to see your items. The better the photos, the greater the chance to get an order.
For buyer, believe in your instinct when you want to buy from the new seller and read the feedbacks before making the purchase. If you're not sure about anything, contact them for details. Most Etsy sellers are friendly.. like me.. LOL

5. What crafting skill(s) do you wish you had or hope to learn someday?

Sewing human clothing.. I do know how to sew both hand sewing and machine sewing but I don't know how to sew a dress or blouse.. Love to design my clothes and it will be great if I can make one by myself.

6. Which one song describes your life the best? Why?

"The Climb" by Miley Cyrus.. It's made me stronger and push me forwards.. :D

7. If money were no object for just one day, what would you do?

Traveling to the places that I haven't been before.. and take a lot of photos to share to everyone else.. and watch every movies I can..

8. Where else can we find out more about you and/or your creations?

I have 2 blogs.. One is all about my life and everything. I called it "Patch's Diary"

Another one I've just changed it from Wedding guide blog to Jewelry inspiration blog and everything about my jewelry shop.

And I opened a new blog for Wedding Guides.

9. Is there anything else youd like to tell us about your shop or your work?

I do love custom-made orders. I like to communicate with customers and work together to match their needs. So feel free to contact me for serving you what you want. :D





Posted for the EtsyBloggers team by: MamasMagicStudioSee EtsyBloggers team membership requirements here: etsybloggers.comGot a blog? Love Etsy? Check us out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for Choosing me as EtsyBlogger of the Month!! and Thank you for the interview!!!