Friday, October 23, 2009

Internet Artisan Interview - Vintage Chenille

If you've a regular reader to my blog, you know my affinity for stuffed animals. What Leah has created are adorable soft toys and rattles, with individual personalities. I love her dogs, but they all have touched me in one way or another, whether it's my favorite foods, animals, or ethnic dolls from my family's past.

What's the name of your business/shop?


Vintage Chenille




Do you have a registered domain name and/or a blog?
here is my blog http://handmadebitsandpieces.blogspot.com/


What type of handmade products do you sell?
mostly soft toys and quilts created from vintage chenille


Show us a piece you recently finished

What are you working on right now? Any sketches?
I don't have any sketches, I have many ideas and not enough spare time! I am creating stock for 3 craft markets, some wholesale orders and hopefully some Christmas items.


If you have a website or blog, what do you use for advertising?
What do your avatars look like?
I have an animated ad that I use for advertising on websites and project wonderful, it rotates between my logo and some of my toys.



If you have a website or blog, tell us about your favorite widget.
The followers widget, because I can click and visit their favourite blogs too (I spend too much time on my computer!)



Which online selling vendors do you use? What do you like best about each one?
Etsy and Madeit, I love Etsy because of the huge variety of items for sale and the enormous amount of helpful info on the forums. Madeit is an Australian site and I am an Aussie, so I like to purchase Australian made when possible.




Are you involved in social networking? What's your favorite and why? If you're not involved, you must have a good reason!
Twitter is the one I use the most because it seems to be the quickest. I love browsing on Flickr.




All of us can use a helpful business hint once a week. What's yours?
I think that my blog is a great business tool and I love connecting with other amazing creative bloggers through my blog.


Do you have a "modus operandi" for computing the price of a handmade object? Tell us your formula?
I don't really have a formula, the cost of my materials varies greatly!


We'd love to see your little corner of the world, where you create.
I create in all corners of my home, I don't think that I have a pic!




Where d
o you see your artwork in one year? Any plans in the works?


I have many new creations and "branding" ideas that I would like to try, I hope that my business continues to grow as it has in the past 12 months.




OK, it's the storybeader's turn.

I think Spot has got to be my favorite. These are his two sides. I love the name and Leah's play on words. And, of course, I'm partial to doggies! (Update: Spot has wandered out of the shop!)















Got a blog? Love Etsy? Check us out!
etsybloggers.com

1 comment:

Kathy said...

They're all great! Fabulous artists. Thanks for sharing such talent with us.