Monday, November 12, 2007

Athena's Armoury Mini Monday



When I think of the words chain maille thoughts come to mind of knights on horses wearing linked metal clothing into battle for protection. At Athena's Armoury you find out that it can be so much more. The technique of joining the rings is called weaving and every ring is formed and then joined by hand. Working in a variety of metals to create earrings, bracelets and headpieces the work is simply stunning. Clicking on the items above or the shop name will take you to Janine's shop where you can see and learn much more.

3 comments:

joeyandaleethea said...

I love Athena's Armoury, such beautiful work.

Terri said...

Awesome work Athena's :)

Athena's Armoury said...

Work and personal life has been stupid crazy busy for me for the past couple of months and, believe it or not, I just happened to stumble upon this. In the craziness that's been going on, I had forgotten all about this post.

Thank you SO much for the kind words! I strive for women to feel like those knights in shining armour that you mentioned by finding their own warrior goddess in my maille. What a great little promotion. Thank you!