Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday Feature -- Faerie Garden Fancies

I'm delighted to post this week's featured Etsy artist -- the Etsyblogger of the month! Congratulations to Faerie Garden Fancies! This shop is full of wonderful, whimsical treasures, from handmade jewelry to adorable art like on this super cute bookmark:


Enjoy the interview!
1. To which Etsy Teams do you belong?

EtsyBloggers Street Team, Fantasy Artists of Etsy (FAE Team), Queer Etsy Street Team (QuEST), and Super Kawaii Pop Team

2. Please tell us about the items in your Etsy shop. What do you make? How did you learn your craft? What is involved in your creative process?
Most of my items are handmade jewelry, but I also have some original art in water colors or pencils. I am self-taught, mostly by reading books and tutorials on the internet. Usually something inspires me and I start creating, there's no set *process* per se.

3. Tell us two (or more) other interesting things about you.
Well, by day, I am a substitute teacher, certified for grades 1-6, although I sub for Kindergarten through grade 12, working my way toward a Masters in Science Education for grades 5-12. I live a few miles from Lake Ontario in the woods with my life partner, Jacqueline, and our 4 still-at-home children, who have been unschooled since birth.


4. What is your biggest challenge related to your Etsy shop?

Promoting. I am not a big salesman and you really have to be I think to get lots of sales... So I am trying to teach myself more of the business aspect of it, but it's just not one of my strengths.

5. What is your favorite item in your shop (currently for sale or previously sold)? Why is it your favorite?

Definitely Melusinia and her treasure box! I love her story, making her was so much fun, and her hair is so wild! Even her box was a foray into a new style for me... ^-^

6. What crafting skill(s) do you wish you had or hope to learn someday?

I'd like to work with precious metals and stones, real clay, oils paint... and I *think* I'd like to make glass beads or stained glass, but I'm sure I'd get burnt and cut...

7. Where else can we find out more about you and/or your creations?


Blog
Website
Facebook
Flickr
Twitter




Congrats again to Faerie Garden Fancies! Be sure to visit her shop for more lovely items.




Posted for the EtsyBloggers team by: Mama's Magic StudioSee EtsyBloggers team membership requirements here: etsybloggers.comGot a blog? Love Etsy? Check us out!

1 comment:

BunnyKissd said...

Thank you for interviewing me! ^-^