Monday, January 3, 2011

MiniMonday: LizsWares

MiniMonday Feature 2011:  LizsWares




Our first MiniMonday shop of 2011 to be featured is LizsWares: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LizsWares. Liz’s shop is an eclectic mix of various types of jewelry, knitted items, and adorable little “tutu’s” from what she refers to as her “Princess Collection”. As one browses through her shop, you will find a little of everything to satisfy that shopper in you.




Elizabeth, aka Liz, starting making jewelry as young as 12 years old; after taking a long break, Liz started designing her jewelry again in 2006. As she explains her process, Liz lets her beads, jewelry pieces, pendants, etc., speak to her as she lays a pattern to create one of her unique pieces. As one who does beading also, I truly understand her method! Once the difficult part of deciding what to create, then comes the process of stringing the beads, adding different items to enhance each item. As Liz explains, she likes to make pieces that can be used for any occasion, whether casual or formal. Two pieces I especially loved were these garnet “faux” pearl earrings, and this hand painted wooden pendant enhanced by her various colors of beading.





LizsWares also includes a few knitted pieces, one of which is this beautiful “Rapunzel” scarf. I also love her adorable “tutu’s” from her “Princess Collection” which range in size from newborn to a young adult. This little infant sized purple tutu is an example of her little ballet accessories.






As Liz explains it, she started here on Etsy because she “wanted to share a piece of me with the world”. I also advise one to visit her blog: http://lizswares.blogspot.com, where she shares more than just “a little piece of me”! I enjoyed reading her recent blog (her first of 2011) on how she taught herself to work with resin to add to her collection of different pieces of jewelry. I also enjoyed reading some of her other blogs which she wrote throughout the past year. I am definitely going to add her blog to my list of “favorites”!



Posted for the EtsyBloggers team by: MagdaleneJewels;MagdaleneJewels.etsy.com See EtsyBloggers team membership requirements here: etsybloggers.com Got a blog? Love Etsy? Check us out!

2 comments:

A Keeper's Jackpot said...

I love those earrings!

The Handmade Biz said...

Thank you for writing this article about me! You captured me perfectly.

Yes, everybody come see my blog!
While you're at my blog subscribe!
http://lizswares.blogspot.com/

Come join my facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/LizsWares