Sunday, February 28, 2010

MiniMonday: bwsilver


BWSILVER


One thing I truly love about doing the MiniMonday’s with Jackie (AKeeper’sJackpot) is that I am finding great new (well, new to me) shops that I might have otherwise missed. Our featured MiniMonday Blogger is bwsilver: http://bwsilver.etsy.com – the bw stands for Brittany Wende.

Brittany has some very beautiful and unique pieces in her shop. Not just a novice to designing with silver, Brittany who just graduated in 2007 from Texas Tech U, has a degree in Art and Metalsmithing. Although it was not exactly her major in college, Brittany was quite taken by the creativity one can have in the designing and construction of working with metal. As she says, “I love jewelry so why not make my own?!”




In between her metalsmithing at the University, Brittany took a little time to marry her husband, a US Marine; who gave her the encouragement to start her own jewelry business – hence, bwsilver!
All of her pieces are OOAK and limited editions, each of which show her passion for her work, as Brittany states in he shop, “everything I made is crafted by hand, heirloom quality and made with love.” Although she mainly works with silver, she also works with other metals upon request. She mainly works with a type of silver called Argentium, a more modern Sterling Silver alloy with less copper content, using instead a type of metal called Germanium – which makes it a purer metal, and less resistant to tarnishing. Although she says it may make her work a little more expensive, seeing the beautiful pieces in her shop, shows that it is well worth it! If you hurry up, Brittany is having a 15% Sale on a few selected items in her shop.







You will also find some interesting articles and a few different pieces of her jewelry on her blog: http://bwsilver.blogspot.com





Posted for the EtsyBloggers team by: MagdaleneJewelsSee EtsyBloggers team membership requirements here: etsybloggers.com
Got a blog? Love Etsy? Check us out

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Brittany also does custom orders. I described to her a pair of earrings I wanted to give my sister-in-law, and although the earrings were different from anything she had created before they turned out fantastic! I would highly recommend using Brittany for custom orders!

Memories for Life said...

Beautiful work!

jUNKYARD rABBITS said...

Never dissappointed in what Brittany creates when I request custom orders. She goes above and beyond my expectations. Awesome artisan!

Unknown said...

A very talented young lady!

TiLT said...

awesome! I just love silver :)