Friday, November 20, 2009

Friday Feature -- The Fab Miss B

This week's featured Etsy artist at Mama's Magic Studio, cross-posted here for your enjoyment, is the fabulous Becky! She has two lovely shops: The Fab Miss B for for Vintage and One of a Kind Finds and BeckyKazana for her original Chenille Pipette Dolls and artwork. She's also the featured Etsyblogger of the month for November. Congrats, Becky!

I just love the wide variety of stuff you'll find in these two shops. Isn't this card too sweet?

And Monique would be darling atop a tree! When he saw her, my son asked, "Is that an angel?"

And I couldn't resist sharing this pic of Becky herself, modeling a beautiful vintage apron!
Enjoy the interview!



1. Please tell us about the items in your Etsy shop. What do you make? How did you learn your craft? What is involved in your creative process?

My Pipettes are my favorite thing to make! They were inspired by vintage ornaments I've collected for ages. They are made with humble chenille pipe cleaners, but I add lots of luxe embellishments like silk ribbons, antique lace, mother of pearl buttons, feathers, sequins and vintage costume jewelery. Their heads are all carefully hand painted too.



2. To which Etsy Teams do you belong?

I'm a proud member of The Etsy Bloggers Team, Crafting in Color and Sellers Assisting Sellers. (The last is a great resource for sellers new or old!)



3. How did you get involved with Etsy?

I discovered Etsy through some of my favorite bloggers over three years ago. It was love at first sight!



4. What inspires your creations?

I find inspiration everywhere- through travel, old movies, and fashion magazines. And of course, I love prowling Blogs & Etsy to see what other talented artists and designers are up to!



5. What is your biggest challenge related to your Etsy shop?

I think getting good photos is an ongoing challenge! I've had breakthroughs, but there is always more to learn. I'm also doing a lot of research on SEO lately, and I'm quite sure that will be helpful.



6. What is your favorite item in your shop (currently for sale or previously sold)? Why is it your favorite? (Please provide a link)

I'm madly in love with Daschshunds- someday I'd love to have a pair of them. But for now Daisy is as close as I can get!

7. What advice do you have for other folks selling or buying on Etsy?

The community on Etsy is your greatest resource! There are lots of talented and experienced artists and many of them are happy to share advice. And Etsy admin is constantly filling the Storque with tips and tricks. Sign up for the Seller Success e-mail if you haven't already. You'll definitely learn something new to improve your shop.



8. Tell us two (or more) other interesting things about you.

My husband and I love to travel and are lucky to have lived all over the world- Kenya, Uganda, China, Chicago, Las Vegas, and now we're trying out life on an island- The Big Island of Hawaii!

We adopted our funny last name- Kazana- while traveling in Africa just after getting married. It's a Swahili word that means "To make a home" and it reminds us that our home is where the other is.



9. Where else can we find out more about you and/or your creations?

I blog about the inspiration I find around me every day on The Fab Miss B and you'll find links to all my other internet portals in the sidebar right there! Swing by and say hello! I love to hear from you.



10. Is there anything else you'd like to tell us about your shop or your work?

The only thing I like better than making art is discovering that other people enjoy it! I do hope you'll swing by and say hello!










Posted for the EtsyBloggers team by: Mama's Magic Studio

See EtsyBloggers team membership requirements here: etsybloggers.com

Got a blog? Love Etsy? Check us out!

1 comment:

Memories for Life said...

What great items and what a great interview :)
Oh, to travel the world...I'm so jealous!